Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Internet by Generation


Today, we live in a generation where everyone uses the internet in one form or another. However, the way that people use the internet differs from person to person, and this is based on the type of person you are, and the things that you are doing. For example, I would use the internet for different reasons than my parents, just like kids and adults use the internet for different reasons. To be specific, I use the internet everyday at school in order to check my work on the school website, edline, or to use the internet for research. I also use the computer to watch videos online and to follow sports. My parents use the internet mainly for work purposes. My dad uses the computer to check his e-mail and also to communicate with other people that he works with. Nowadays, much of the work he does relies on the internet and interaction with other people. My mom uses the internet for e-mail also, and she uses it to communicate with people.


The similarities between internet use is that both my generation and my parents generation uses the internet for leisure and work purposes, while the differences are that we use the internet for specific needs which differ. The internet is a necessity now because people use it in order to complete daily tasks as opposed to many years ago when it didn't exist.

No comments: